- Visual check of indications.
- Check that all gauges and indicators are working correctly.
- Check system (including piping and nozzles) is in its designated position and is free from damage, dirt or dust and is not leaking.
- Check that the quantity of extinguishing medium is correct.
- Check the fire risk and its enclosure have not changed.
- Check all controls are properly set and accessible.
- Check to ensure that any personnel who may have to use the equipment are properly trained and authorised to do so – in particular any new employees.
- Clean piping with compressed air/nitrogen etc.
- Inspect operational position of valves.
- Ensure any protective nozzle covers are in place.
- Inspect the quantity of expellant gas (by pressure measurement or weighing) and quantity of the powder.
- Inspect the release mechanism.
- The system should be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- At least annually the quality of the powder should be inspected.
- Test all detection systems in accordance with BS5839-1.