Wet & Dry Rising Mains
- Inspect all inlets, landing valves, doors, cabinets, hinges, locking devices, handwheels, spindles, glands, washers and seals.
- Additionally for wet rising mains any pumps and the associated electrical and mechanical apparatus should be inspected to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- A wet pressure test on any dry rising mains should be carried out to check for leaks. This should be to a pressure equal to its design pressure at inlet level for no less than 15mins.
- For wet rising mains any storage tanks should be internally checked for cleanliness and any fire pumps should be serviced.
- We recommend that the pumps should be serviced to the same routines and levels as that of sprinkler pumps.