This policy will be reviewed daily throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic.
This Policy has been formulated to help protect the health and safety of all employees, families of employees, clients and the general public whilst on site.
We (the employer) will: –
- Keep everyone updated on a daily basis on actions we are taking to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19.
- Make sure everyone’s contact numbers and emergency contact details are up to date.
- Consider extra-precautions for staff who are considered vulnerable and for clients considered vulnerable
- Make sure all staff know how to spot the symptoms of COVID-19 and are clear on the relevant processes.
- Make sure there are clean places to wash hands with hot water and soap. We will encourage everyone to wash their hands regularly and as per the Government guidelines
- We will provide hand sanitiser (where available) and tissues for staff and encourage them to use them
- Provide disinfectant materials to clean all work surfaces and objects
- Consider if any meetings or travel is unnecessary and can be held remotely
The Employee will: –
- Email the office every morning prior to attendance on site to advice ‘no symptoms’
- Review the ‘Engineer Screening Form’ on a daily basis
- Wash hands regularly and/or use hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
- Maintain physical distance between themselves, colleagues, clients and the general public.
- Refrain from allowing anyone to sign off worksheets on the engineer’s phone. Instead obtain the name of the person authorising the work and type this in themselves. Do not share pens
- Regularly disinfect surfaces within the work vehicles and work appliances (e.g. phone, satnav etc)
- Inform the office immediately if they or somebody they are with becomes unwell with Coronavirus symptoms. They must avoid touching anything, cough and sneeze into a tissue and place in the bin and us a bathroom separate to others. They must then self-isolate for 14 days if they live with other and 7 days if they live alone.
Date: 19th March 2020