Fire Defence Servicing is expanding and we are looking for a Senior Sprinkler Designer/ Projects Engineer to join our growing team.
Our company install and service fire sprinkler systems to residential, retail and commercial buildings. We are based in South West of the UK with remote Project teams covering the south of England and beyond
We pride ourselves on offering first-class service on any size project and obtaining the optimum solution for our clients. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining people of the highest calibre to maintain the excellent service we are renowned for.
Design / Project Engineer to work alongside our existing team. Responsible for the design of sprinkler systems, including the surveying of sites, liaising with clients, project management & various administrative duties.
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a Design Role developing designs and plans for piping systems
- Experience in Fire Protection Design Role using Auto Cad (Revit not essential)
- Mandatory Computer Skills – AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Packages, 3D packages (Navisworks, REVIT, etc.)
- Drawing Ability – Can produce pipework layouts, P&ID’s, valve schedules without supervision
- LPCB Basic Design Competence Review
- LPCB Intermediate Design Competence Review (not essential, training can be provided)
- LPCB FHC Design Competence Review
- Valid UK Driving License
- Ability to manage both internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Site experience with surveying and attending design/customer meetings would be advantageous but not essential.
- Designing commercial automatic fire sprinkler systems.
- Carrying out pre-calculated calculations utilising knowledge of BE EN Rules
- Attending site meetings carrying out site surveys and site inspections
- Working on the LPCB Supervision process, including uploading, and answering comments
- Familiar with BSEN 12845 and technical bulletins
- Liaise closely with the sales, design, and project teams.
In return we offer
- 28 days (including bank holidays)
- iPhone and iPad
- Company Car
- In-house and external training where required
- Company pension scheme
- Remote working is workable within this role
£45,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Please forward covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org