Skip to content
Gaseous Extinguishing Systemsadmin2018-10-03T12:46:08+01:00
Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems
- Check that all gauges and indicators are working correctly.
- Check system (including piping and nozzles) is in its designated position and is free from damage, dirt or dust and is not leaking.
- Check that the quantity of extinguishing medium is correct.
- Check the fire risk and its enclosure have not changed.
- Check all controls are properly set and accessible.
- Check to ensure that any personnel who may have to use the equipment are properly trained and authorised to do so – in particular any new employees.
- Check contents for any loss of extinguishant.
- Inspect all components of system including all drop flaps, curtains, and pneumatic heat operated devices.
- For low pressure CO2 systems check the refrigerant unit to ensure the refrigerant charge is intact and there are no leaks.
- Manually exercise any directional valves.
- Compare any weight/pressure monitoring devices to a separate calibrated device.
- Carry out an integrity test of protected enclosure.
- Inspect all hoses for damage.
- Thoroughly test and inspect system for correct operation.
- Externally inspect all cylinders for damage or corrosion.
- All cylinders should be internally examined, pressure tested and overhauled.
- Test all detection systems in accordance with BS5839-1.