Trainee Design Engineer
Fire Defence Servicing is a family run business based in North Devon specialising in the Fire Suppression Industry throughout the UK.
As a Trainee Design Engineer you will learn the rules, regulations, products, programmes, sequences and project specifications whilst also gaining project experience.
You will gain experience in all areas of the business with training taking place in the head office on site and remote training courses.
Within 2-4 years you shall become a qualified sprinkler design engineer
Once trained you will have the opportunity to progress your career path within the sprinkler industry in various roles.
You will learn the following aspects of sprinkler design
- Produce detailed plans and sections of sprinkler systems
- Carry out site surveys
- Attend Design team meetings to co-ordinate services
- Produce hydraulic calculations
- Size sprinkler fire pumps and tanks
- Request information from internal and external clients
- Carry our purchase ordering
- Carry out internal reviews on the project that you may or may not be involved with
- You must have a Grade C or above in Maths.
- Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven verbal and written English communication skills
- Track record in finding solutions to problems within deadlines
- Proven ability to organise self and others
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD either in 2D ,3D or Revit would be an advantage but not essential
What we offer
- Starting Salary of £17,000 per annum
- 20days plus bank holidays
- Auto Enrolment pension
- Development opportunities
In the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org