Due to recent expansion and the award of New National Contract FDS are looking to recruit additional servicing engineers with a can do attitude based in the North West and Midland areas.
The main responsibilities will be the following:
- To carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire protection and associated equipment and products to relevant standards. (FM, NFPA, BS EN 12845, BS5306)
- To complete all appropriate documentation and records in a timely fashion to the required standards.
- To support the rota to maintain a reliable and responsive out of hours service/be on call (approx. 1 week in 6)
- To attend and participate in company training and maintain an up to date knowledge of technical skills for the role, and actively share technical and problem solving skills and knowledge with colleagues in the business.
- To comply with all company procedures associated with Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Fully understand and comply with any site specific Health and Safety requirements and/or training relevant to a site being worked on, including the need to personally assess risks prior to undertaking tasks and how to act based on that assessment.
- Must have UK driving licence
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills – written & verbal
- Must have sound knowledge of current legislation
- Be able to work as a team and alone
- Be able to carry out fire protection survey reports as required
In return FDS will offer you:
- Potential of earning 30 -36k per annum include over time
- Guarantee 40 hr week
- Over time
- Company Van under 3 years old (with fuel cards)
- iPhone mobile
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday per annum
- On-going training
For further information and to apply please send/email your CV and covering letter to:
Mr K. Johns, Fire Defence Servicing Ltd, Crown Yealm House, Pathfields Business Park, South Molton, Devon, EX36 3LH