Skip to content
Page load link
- Carry out major service of pumps – including changing fuel filters, oil filters and engine oil. Air filters should be cleaned.
- Inspect all sprinklers, sprayers and Multiple Jet Controls for damage, corrosion, corrosion protection, dirt or paint build up and leaks. Any defects should be rectified by cleaning or replacement.
- A failed to start test should also be carried out and then the pump should be started manually.
- All stop valves exercised and greased.
- Storage tanks ball valves tested and level gauges checked.
- Storage tanks ball valves serviced and lubricated.
- Pump suction strainers, settling chambers and screens should be inspected and cleaned if required.
- All alarm and non return valves on system serviced and parts replaced as required.
- Test antifreeze solution in pipework.
- 50mm drain valve flow test at valveset.
- Test all backflow preventors.
- Full trip test of deluge systems to prove water spray and system operation.
- Check the first section of piping in freezer protection systems (dry pipe/pre-action) to check for ice formation in the pipe.
- Test all flow switches for correct operation.
- Inspect all piping, and pipe supports for damage, corrosion, corrosion protection or leaks.