Skip to content
Six MonthlyNorman Rider2018-10-03T12:39:50+01:00
Six Monthly Routines
- Change alternate systems from air to water in the spring and from water to air in the autumn.
- (Please note that these systems may now be left on air all year round, however the valve still needs to be trip tested six monthly).
- Trip test and reset dry pipe, deluge and pre-action valves.
- Test the operation of any accelerators and exhausters.
- Test automatic monitoring connections and electrical installation of fire brigade and remote central station alarms.
- Check fire pump panels for operation.
- Change diesel engine oil and carry out minor service to pumps.
- Test all flow switches.
- Test all valve supervisory switches.
- Carry out a flow test on water supply at the valveset and if applicable tank infill to prove the water supply is adequate.
- A full flow test on the pumps to nominal duty should be carried out and pressure, flow and engine speed/load current should be recorded.
- Pump start level switches in header tanks should be tested for correct operation.
- Secondary electrical supplies from diesel generators or other sources should be tested for correct operation.
- Test all stop valves, zone valves and subsidiary stop valves and any monitoring of the valves for correct operation.